3rd Annual UC Challenge Cup
The University of California, Irvine is proud to host the 3rd annual UC Challenge Cup in Newport Harbor on March 3, 2018. This UC-only regatta will feature crews from UC Davis, UC Irvine, UC Los Angeles, UC San Diego and UC Santa Barbara. The Men’s and Women’s Varsity 8+ events will be competing in The Anfield Capital Cup and The Reinhold Family Cup, respectively. At the finish line, the victors will be presented with perpetual trophies to display in their boathouse until the following year’s regatta!
Trophies will be presented to the winners on the water from onboard the Ocean Explorer. Details on securing a seat on the boat coming soon!
- Anfield Captial – $5000 shared with participants
- Reinhold Family – $5000 shared with participants
Land Spectator Information
The Blue Park
PLEASE NOTE: Orange Coast College (OCC) and the Newport Sea Base are NOT available for parking or spectating for this regatta. We also request that spectators keep clear of the launching and landing areas (North Star Public Beach adjacent to Newport Aquatic Center).
Ocean Explorer Spectating
Limited seats will be made available on the Ocean Explorer for a unique spectating experience!
- 8:00 a.m. – Women’s 2nd Novice 8+
- 8:10 a.m. – Men’s 2nd Novice 8+
- 8:20 a.m. – Women’s Novice 8+
- 8:30 a.m. – Men’s Novice 8+
- 8:40-9:00 a.m. – INTERMISSION
- 9:00 a.m. – Women’s Junior Varsity 8+
- 9:10 a.m. – Men’s Junior Varsity 8+
- 9:20 a.m. – Women’s Varsity 8+, The Reinhold Family Cup
- 9:30 a.m. – Men’s Varsity 8+, The Anfield Capital Cup
Follow the action from anywhere via our Live Stream – Nick Trojan – via UC Irvine (Facebook live / Youtube live)…
Live Announcer/Commentator: Jim Jorgensen
Join us for brunch at the Back Bay Bistro immediately following the 3rd Annual UC Challenge Cup on March 3, 2018.